Developmental delay is widely known as GDD (Global Developmental Delay). As the name implies, it is a problem that arises during the early stages of childhood and its developmental milestones.
Do you still remember that time your child spoke his/her first words? How about the first time he/she was able to stand up and walk on his own?
These "firsts" along with the other functional skills exhibited early in their lives are called developmental milestones.
Tomatis® Australia has been in the field of assisting neurodiverse children for over 40 years, including those diagnosed with the Global Developmental Delay (GDD).
On May 15, we will be hosting a free webinar on Global Developmental Delay and how our work with the Tomatis® Method has given us insights on improving treatments.
The speaker, Françoise Nicoloff, is a French-Australian psychologist with 40 years of experience. Her presentation will not only tackle the possible causes of Global Developmental Delay but also how new, technological advances are improving tried-and-true treatments.
BENEFITS YOU WILL GET:
Knowledge: Learn more about how Global Developmental Delay works. Know what are its causes, symptoms and how to deal with it.
Tips and Treatment: Learn about sound therapy and how it addresses the neurodiverse brain signals of children with Global Developmental Delay. You will also learn how the Tomatis® Method: Sound Therapy can help.
Convenience. There is no need for you to leave the office or go somewhere else since it's done online. Many professionals and even parents are using this time-efficient way of training and learning new topics to help them out.
Evidence-Based Studies: Hear true stories about children with special needs and how a few weeks of treatment already produced significant improvements.
• French-Australian Psychologist
• Director of the Australian Tomatis® Method
• Official Representative of Tomatis Developpement SA in Australasia and South Pacific
• Certified Tomatis® Consultant Senior
• Tomatis® International Trainer and Speaker
• Co-author of the Listening Journey Series
• Working for over 40 years with TM
“My daughter is expressing herself much more clearly and is more animated when she speaks. She seems to have more confidence in her ability to express herself. Her verbal expression is more fluent with clearer sounds and more expression in her voice and face. About memory, she is recalling things from the past and making connections with events and people. She is attempting new words, completing sentences all of which she found difficult before.”
“Mother of an 8 yr old”
“My daughter was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome when she was four, in 1995. Since that time we have undergone intensive “therapy”, speech and occupational, and she attended an early intervention centre for 12 months prior to attending school. We are currently in the final stages of a 5 week program of the Tomatis Method (Jan-Mar 97) which has involved 2 hours/day, 5 days a week.
During the course of the program I have noticed small but noticeable changes in several areas:
1. Physical: Her co-ordination has improved, she has a better sense of balance and her handwriting has improved.
2. Emotional: She has become “empathetic” and seems to enjoy the company of her siblings more.
3. Social: She is better able to participate in family discussion and respond appropriately. Overall, I feel my daughter has more confidence in her ability to function in her environment, which has lead to an increased self-esteem. Reading tasks and drawing are now more readily embarked.”